An aftermarket wireless backup camera system provides all the benefits of original equipment installations, but you install it yourself and have complete control over the features you want and price you pay.
One big benefit of a wireless backup camera system is the promise of easy wireless installation and operation.
Interested in learning about other popular wireless backup camera systems? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Rearview Backup Camera: Top Rated Wireless Backup Camera Improves Safety
- Wireless Backup Cameras: Top 5 Best Rated Personal Vehicle Backup Cameras
- Back Up Camera System: Top Rated RV GPS Wireless Rearview Camera
- Rear View Camera Installation: Easy Wireless Backup Camera System Install
- Rearview Camera: Best Budget Wireless Backup Camera System
- Back Up Cameras: Best Value Truck Wireless System
- Wireless Backup Camera: Best Selling Wireless Backup Camera
- Best Backup Camera: Top 5 Wireless Backup Camera Systems
There is a dirty little secret in the backup cameras industry that a wireless backup camera system. Wireless backup cameras are not truly wire-less. While it’s true that wireless backup cameras eliminate the difficult wiring that runs from the automotive backup camera to the display, as long as the car back up camera needs to be hooked up to power and your backup lights, it can never truly be wireless.
So now that we have that out of the way, we can talk about the difference between a wireless and wired reverse camera system as far as picture quality. While wired systems are more difficult to install, in almost every case, you can expect to get a better picture with less interference from a wired rear camera system.
That’s because the wires are mostly shielded from electronic interference and video quality will be the same using all of the wire to run between the camera and display possibly for a large SUV, as it would be using a very short run like for a compact car.
Wireless backup camera systems, although not having wires running from the camera to the video display, still have the problem of signal strength and noise over that distance. Of course, there is no way to predict how bad the interference will be, but you can be sure that all of them suffer from some degree of interference and signal loss.
That’s not necessarily a showstopper. Even with some interference, a wireless rear view camera system may still perform at a level equal to or nearly equal to a wired system. It depends on the quality of the camera, quality of the camera’s transmitter, and the quality of the video display’s receiver. The bottom line is that you should buy the best quality system you can find rather than being disappointed by inferior quality vehicle backup camera that only save you money on the front end.
Just a few words about displays. Although the larger displays can take up space on your windshield or dash, we recommend that you get a rearview camera system with at least a 4.3-inch diagonal display. That’s because if you get one any smaller, it can be very difficult to distinguish objects behind you and can make it very difficult to detect objects in motion. The camera system we’re reviewing has a 7-inch monitor and like OEM systems, that is a great size to see everything behind you.
Always remember that backup cameras are safety systems that will be mandated on all new cars sold in the U.S. in the not too distant future. That means that the government has taken the problem of blind reversing seriously and you should too. So if the camera system is going to be used as a safety device, you need to buy a quality, reliable system that will keep you and the people or pets behind you safe.
So how do you find such a system? We believe based on numerous reviews and articles we’ve researched online that we’ve found a high-quality system, delivered by a well-known automotive accessory company, which also has good value for what you get.
See if this wireless backup camera system is the perfect model for your safety needs!
Pyle is a well-known manufacturer of automotive accessories and is best known for their car audio systems. They were one of the first manufacturers of quality backup camera systems and the Pyle PLCM7500 7-Inch Rearview Backup Camera System is a perfect example. It is a true system including in the kit everything you need to install and enjoy the safety it provides. It includes a feature not available on all backup cameras systems, but one that can really be helpful in tight situations. We’re talking about its distance-line mode that shows you how far away you are from objects in the camera’s viewfinder. Check out all of its great features.
- Full 7-Inch TFT/LCD 16:9 widescreen mirror monitor with True Color reproduction and auto white balance
- Waterproof, low light-equipped, rugged, and durable universal license plate mount color rear view camera outputs crystal clear video (656 x 492 pixels) even in low light conditions
- Wide viewing angle camera (170 degrees) is mounted in a slim-bar style housing and is both IP-67 waterproof and fog resistant
- The system is perfect for reversing in tight situations with limited rear visibility
- Equipped with a distance-line mode, the system can show you the distance you are from other objects in the camera’s viewfinder
- Display has two video inputs so you can use it to watch DVDs or other video sources that output composite video in addition to viewing the backup camera
- Wireless remote control provides easy access to menu system without having to touch the display
- System should be wired to your backup light system so that it turns on automatically when you reverse
- Comes with a universal windshield suction cup mount for windshield mounting of the display
- 17-foot male to male RCA Video connection cable
- Power cables
- Wireless remote control for display monitor
- Mounting instructions
- Universal windshield suction cup mount
- Excellent quality picture
- Easy to install
- Good value
- Large 7-inch display
- RCA video cable could be longer
- Suction cup mount can loosen
- Poor instructions
Wireless Backup Camera System
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this wireless backup camera system? Which wireless rearview camera system are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our backup camera system post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you select the perfect wireless backup camera system for your needs!