A vehicle backup camera is an important safety feature that you can add to your car or truck if it didn’t come from the factory with one installed. The good news is that there is a vehicle backup camera for every need including different size screens, wireless and wired models, heavy duty rugged cameras and license plate mounted models, models with distance scales to help with backing up, and models with multiple inputs for multiple cameras.
Since it is such an important safety feature, it makes sense to spend the extra money to buy a quality vehicle backup camera system and to also spring for professional installation so that you know it’s going to work properly. That being said, there are plenty of good quality backup camera systems at a reasonable price and the installation is easy enough that a DIYer with average skill should be able to install one.
Interested in learning about other popular backup camera systems? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Rearview Backup Camera: Top Rated Wireless Backup Camera Improves Safety
- Rearview Mirror Camera: Mirror Backup Camera Has Amazing New Features
- Auto Backup Camera: Popular Budget Wired Rearview Mirror Backup Camera System
- Hitch Camera: Top 3 Best Rated Hitch Backup Camera Systems
- Truck Backup Camera: Pickup Truck Mirror Backup Camera System Makes Truck Life Easier
- Rearview Mirror Backup Camera: Best New Mirror Backup Camera System
- Wireless Backup Cameras: Top 5 Best Rated Personal Vehicle Backup Cameras
- Rear View Mirror Camera: Top-Rated Car Rearview Mirror Backup Camera System
- Back Up Camera System: Top Rated RV GPS Wireless Rearview Camera
- License Plate Backup Camera: Creative Safety Solutions
We do recommend that you get a wired system, even if you are a DIYer and fear the complication of routing the additional video cable from the back to the front of your vehicle. That’s because wireless backup camera systems operate in the crowded 2.4 GHz frequency band which supports too many electronic devices to count. That crowding means interference and interference could render your rearview camera useless when you need it most. Also, a wireless signal degrades with distance and if you have a large SUV or truck you almost certainly will want to buy a wired system.
A wired system is far less prone to interference and if you’re worried about the installation, it makes sense to have the backup camera professionally installed. Yes, it will be expensive, but it will be properly installed, and you will have someone to turn to besides yourself when something goes wrong.
We searched automotive forums, manufacturer sites, consumer sites, customer review sites, social media, and retail sites to find the most popular and highly rated vehicle backup camera.
Take a look at our choice and see if this Pyle backup camera is the best backup camera for your needs!
With a waterproof, night vision-capable rear view camera and a large 7-inch monitor, the Pyle PLCM7700 Rear View Backup Camera System is perfect for reducing dangerous blind spots when backing up. It features an IP68-rated weatherproof, color, wide-angle 170-degree view car rear view camera with night vision capability that installs easily on the top or bottom of your rear license plate. The vehicle backup camera display can be conveniently mounted using the included suction cup on dashboards or windshields. A distance-line mode on this reverse camera display shows how far away you are from other objects in view making parking much easier and faster.
Vehicle Backup Camera: Features
- Large 7-inch, 16:9 format, 646 x 540p, TFT LCD (420 horizontal line) display monitor provide high-quality video and better detail than smaller models
- Rugged, IP68-rated, marine-grade waterproof, fog-resistant, true color reproduction, wide-angle 170-degree view rear view back up camera with low lux performance night vision capability installs easily on the top or bottom of your rear license plate
- The camera has auto image adjustment and white balance
- Accurate distance scale lines mode shows you how far away you are from other objects in view to make parking faster and easier
- Automatic power-on with reverse gear activation
- Full function wireless remote control allows you to easily control the menu-driven system
- Dual video inputs support an input for a second camera, to watch DVDs, or for other composite video sources
- Display dimensions are 7.6W x 5.24H x 0.98D inches and camera dimensions are 0.9L x 0.67H x 0.67D inches
- 30-Day money back guarantee and 1-Year manufacturer’s limited warranty
- 1 – Universal suction mount for display
- 1 – 17-foot RCA video input cables
- 1 – Set power cables
- 1 – Power adapter
- 1 – Wireless remote control for display
- Reliable operation
- Excellent value
- Clear, crisp picture
- Distance lines are very helpful
- Must purchase a license plate mount separately
- Poor installation instructions
Vehicle Backup Camera
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this wired reverse camera? Which backup camera system are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
A vehicle backup camera is one of the most important aftermarket safety features you can add to your vehicle. They have been mandatory on all new cars since May 2018. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best vehicle backup camera for your needs!