A universal trailer hitch is the solution for your vehicle is a custom fit hitch is not available or is too costly. Also known as a multi-fit hitch, a universal trailer hitch gives you the ability to mount a heavy-duty hitch to your vehicle instead of having to depend on a bumper hitch or other lighter duty solution.
Interested in learning about other hitch solutions? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- BW Hitch: B&W Tow and Stow Class IV Tri-Ball Mounts Save Shins Everywhere
- Adjustable Hitch: Top 5 Best Rated Heavy-Duty Adjustable Receiver Hitches
- Reese 5th Wheel Hitch: New Reese 5th Wheel Hitch 20K Lineup
- Weight Distribution Hitch: Top-Rated Eaz-Lift Elite Hitch Kits
- Rapid Hitch: Rapid Hitch Convertible Drop/Rise Greaseless Adjustable Ball Mounts
You might think that a universal trailer hitch might be of lesser quality or less capable than a more expensive than a custom fit hitch. A multi-fit hitch must adhere to the same safety and quality standards as custom fit hitches and if you choose the right brand, you will be able to trust your universal trailer hitch to perform at the same level as a custom hitch.
Look for a trailer hitch with features like all-welded construction, robust testing and certification, designs that are quick and easy to install yourself, and durable coatings that will last and last without corrosion.
We searched towing forums, customer review sites, manufacturer sites, social media, retail sites, and consumer sites to find the most popular and best rated universal trailer hitch.
Take a look at our tow hitch choice and see if this multi-fit hitch is the best trailer hitch for your needs!
REESE Towpower is number one in towing, setting the standard for today’s most advanced towing and trailering systems. Their REESE Towpower 37096 Class III Multi-Fit Receiver Hitch is an excellent example of a universal trailer hitch that can be used in a variety of applications. This REESE hitch features solid, all-welded construction for maximum strength and safety, a design completed using computer-aided design, and comprehensive fatigue and stress testing to insure a lifetime of trouble-free use. Its METALSHIELD 3-step protective costing process includes a rust inhibiting primer, dipped E-coat electrostatic coating, and an outer powder coat finish for durability. This receiver hitch is designed to fit a variety of vehicles like cars, SUVs, vans, and light trucks, it has a 5,000-lb. gross towing weight.
Universal Trailer Hitch: Features
- American-engineered, solid, all-welded Class III multi-fit receiver hitch with 2-inch square receiver tube and 5,000 lb. gross towing weight and tongue rating of 500 lbs.
- Weight distributing capacity tongue weight of 600 lbs. and gross trailer weight of 6,000 lbs.
- METALSHIELD 3-step protective coating including a rust inhibitor, electrostatic coating, and powder coating
- Meets or exceeds V-5, CSA, and SAE J684 standards and inspected for quality and workmanship
- Hitch is subjected to a REESE-exclusive, multi-axis fatigue test that simulates 100,000 miles of real world road surfaces
- Hitch box cover included
- Drilling may be required
- Easy installation
- Great looking hidden design
- Heavy-duty construction and materials
- None noted
Universal Trailer Hitch
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this multi-fit hitch? Which hitch are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
When they don’t make a custom hitch for your vehicle, you need a multi-fit trailer hitch that can be adapted to your application. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best universal trailer hitch for your vehicle!