You’re looking for a trailer hitch step, but is that really the best bed access solution? A trailer hitch step has some disadvantages you may not have thought of. If you’re not towing a trailer, a trailer hitch step appears to be the right solution to give you easier access to the bed of your truck.
A trailer hitch step mounts in your receiver hitch and if your tailgate is closed, it works fine. If the tailgate is open, the step is unusable because the tailgate covers it.
If you do tow a trailer, the trailer hitch step is also unusable because your receiver hitch is being used by your trailer hitch.
There is another solution. Instead of getting a trailer hitch step, get a folding bed step that mounts securely to your frame and is always available for use even if your trailer is attached or the tailgate is down.
We’re talking about the AMP Research BedStep. The BedStep is an ingenious solution to accessing your pickup bed safely, securely, and conveniently even with a trailer attached or your tailgate open. Easily installed, it uses your truck’s existing bumper/frame mounting points at the corner of your bed.
You deploy it and retract it with a simple nudge of your foot. While it’s deployed it is a stable platform that can easily hold up to 300 lbs. and when retracted it hides out of the way under the corner of your rear bumper. AMP Research designs and makes their BedSteps right here in the USA from strong, rugged, high-quality materials, is lightweight, yet rock-solid, and will perform equally flawlessly in snow, ice, dust, mud and dirt.
Interested in learning about other receiver hitch solutions? Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best!
- Weight Distribution Hitch: Top-Rated Eaz-Lift Elite Hitch Kits
- Rapid Hitch: Rapid Hitch Convertible Drop/Rise Greaseless Adjustable Ball Mounts
- Hitch Haul: Top 7 Best Rated 2-Inch Hitch-Mounted Cargo Carriers
Take a look at this innovative bed step solution and see if you agree that it’s the best bed access solution for your needs!
If you’re tired of taking your trailer hitch step out of your receiver hitch each time you need to use your trailer or are frustrated with not being able to use your receiver hitch step when your tailgate is open, then the AMP Research 75302-01A BedStep is the solution for you.
It is a patented, ingenious solution to accessing your pickup bed safely, securely and conveniently, no matter what you’re hauling and whether your tailgate is open or not. It installs easily using your truck’s existing bumper/frame mounting points and mounts at the corner so that it doesn’t interfere with your trailer or tailgate.
It deploys and retracts with just a nudge of your foot and when stowed, hides away under the corner of your truck’s rear bumper.
If you haven’t found a bed access solution, you will appreciate what a timesaver, back-saver, and knee-saver this BetStep can be.
This model is designed for 2006-2010 Ford F-150 pickups and its compatible with some 2004 and 2005 models, but it is available for many trucks using the links below. Here’s what you need to know.
Trailer Hitch Step Features
- Innovative fold-away bed step that mounts at the side of your rear bumper, deploys and retracts with a simple nudge from your foot, and is usable even when towing or when your tailgate is open
- Easier, safer, and faster than ladders or a truck hitch step, it’s rugged, strong, non-slip, retractable, and can support up to 300 lbs.
- Designed to work flawlessly in snow, ice, dust, mud, and dirt, it is lightweight, rock-solid, and features a rugged, Mil-Spec, black-anodized, PTFE-coated die-cast aluminum alloy linkage for maximum strength and corrosion-resistance
- Precision, stainless-steel hinge points and press-fit, self-lubricating bushings ensure trouble-free action and reliable, maintenance-free operation in all weather for decades
- Its ridged, non-slip step is molded of strong glass-reinforced resin composite, is big enough for two large boots, and provides safe footing even in mud, snow or ice
- Easy bolt-on frame-mounted installation under the corner of your rear bumper
- Made in the USA and backed by a 3-Year/36,000-mile warranty
For other trucks, see the AMP Research Website >>>
Trailer Hitch Step Comparison
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this innovative pickup bed access solution? Which step solution are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our LicensePlateBracketCentral.com Trailer Hitch Step article! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the right trailer hitch step or bed step solution for your needs!