A rearview backup camera is one of the most popular aftermarket addition to cars and trucks due to the additional safety and convenience it provides. A rearview backup camera is now mandatory on all cars and light trucks this year, but if you don’t have one, it’s easy to add a wireless backup camera system.
A rearview backup camera can help with hooking up a trailer, backing into a parallel parking space, safely backing out of any parking space, or making sure you don’t accidentally back over something when leaving your driveway.
Interested in learning about other popular backup camera systems? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Voyager Backup Camera: ToughCam System Helps You Get the Job Done
- Rearview Mirror Camera: Mirror Backup Camera Has Amazing New Features
- Truck Dash Cam: Top Rated Truck Dashboard Camera
- Auto Backup Camera: Popular Budget Wired Rearview Mirror Backup Camera System
- Jeep Wrangler Backup Camera: Finally a Backup Camera That Fits 2007-Present Wranglers
- Hitch Camera: Top 3 Best Rated Hitch Backup Camera Systems
- Truck Backup Camera: Pickup Truck Mirror Backup Camera System Makes Truck Life Easier
- Rearview Mirror Backup Camera: Best New Mirror Backup Camera System
- Wireless Backup Cameras: Top 5 Best Rated Personal Vehicle Backup Cameras
- Rear View Mirror Camera: Top-Rated Car Rearview Mirror Backup Camera System
- Back Up Camera System: Top Rated RV GPS Wireless Rearview Camera
- Backup Camera for Farm Tractor: Top 5 Best Rated Tractor Reverse Camera Systems
- Backup Camera for Truck: Top Rated Trailer Tow Reverse Camera System
- Rear View Camera Installation: Easy Wireless Backup Camera System Install
In general, a wireless backup camera is easier to install so it is a popular installation choice for DIYers. As you may know, wireless backup camera systems are easier to install than wired systems, because they eliminate the need to run a long video cable from the camera to the display.
We are not big fans of wireless reverse cameras because they are prone to interference from any number of electronic devices both in the vehicle and outside the vehicle. This interference can cause lines or snow on the screen that interfere with the clarity of the picture from the camera.
The longer the distance between the camera and the display, the more likely it is that interference will be a problem with operation. So, if you’re planning to install a wireless rearview backup camera on a larger vehicle like a heavy truck, RV, or SUV, you should consider choosing a wired model instead. Even if you must enlist the help of a professional for installation, it will be worth the cost to have the best picture on this important safety device.
We searched automotive forums, retail sites, consumer sites, customer review sites, social media, and manufacturer sites to find the most popular and highly rated backup cameras.
Take a look at our choice and see if this 7-Inch model is the best backup camera for your needs!
The LeeKooLuu LKL-079 7-Inch Wireless Backup Camera is an excellent addition to your car, truck, van, or RV. It features a large 7-Inch display that gives you a detailed picture of the area behind your vehicle, an IP68-rated full-color camera with 7 LED IR night vision and 135-degree field-of-view, and everything you need to easily install the system. Capable of accepting up to two separate video inputs the display can be mounted on the dash or wherever works best for your vehicle. The camera also comes with handy distance scales to help with backing up. The included lighter adapter allows you to keep the display on by default and then use the integrated switch to turn the system on and off. With a wireless working distance of over 45 feet, this wireless camera will deliver excellent performance with most vehicles.
Rearview Backup Camera: Features
- 7-Inch TFT LCD display with 960 x 576p resolution, 16:9/4:3 adjustable screen ratio, and dual video inputs
- IP68-rated waterproof license plate HD color camera with 7 LED IR night vision capability and 135-degree field-of-view
- Camera generated distance scale lines for easier reverse parking
- 12VDC adapter has an on/off switch to control the monitor
- Wireless working distance of over 45 feet
- 2-Year limited warranty
- 1 – 20-foot RCA video cable
- 2 – Power cables
- 1 – 12VDC charger adapter with on/off switch
- 1 – Monitor extension cable
- 1 – Mounting bracket
- Easy to install
- Clear image even in low light
- Excellent value
- Large 7-Inch display
- 130-degree field-of-view is less than others
Rearview Backup Camera
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this value backup camera? Which reverse camera system are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
A rearview backup camera makes it safer and easier to back up your vehicle. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best rearview backup camera for your needs!