Is it just me or are cars getting cooler with better paint jobs and classic looks? Whether it’s a new Mercedes, BMW, Camaro, or Mustang, if you want to put a front license plate on it, you’re going to want a no drill license plate bracket! Why? You don’t want to mess up your great looking paint job or chrome just because the state insists that you put their tax stamp on the front of your car. Fight back with a no drill license plate bracket that won’t leave a mark that will ruin your car. We have investigated the best no drill brackets for you and come up with some you should definitely consider.
This article has been superceded by our Complete Updated No-Drill Front License Plate Bracket List.
No Drill License Plate Bracket: Best No Drill and No Show Brackets
Made specifically for Nissans and Infiniti’s, these Stillen brackets don’t require you to put any holes into your front end or fascia to mount your front license plate. On selected Nissans and Infiniti’s these kits install using the factory tow-hook screw-in (accessed through the grill) or factor fascia plug to mount your no drill license plate bracket. The kit installs easily and removes easily so that you can hide your license plate for shows or any other “no show” situation.
Stillen No Drill License Plate Bracket Chart
Cravenspeed’s goal is to eliminate the need for you to drill into your bumper, fascia, or aero kit to mount your front license plate. Mounted on select vehicle tow bolts, the Platypus kit is easy to install and easy to removed. You can stay legal until track days and shows and then in seconds you can remove it for “no show” applications or in the rare case of an emergency towing.
Cravenspeed makes certain that every kit fits its specific model(s) with painstaking accuracy so that plates don’t block intercoolers or radiator air paths.
Platypus kits are tough made from lightweight aircraft aluminum with enough thickness to make each unit completely solid. Cravenspeed uses black powder coating and black anodizing to both protect parts and make them “stealthier.”
UPDATE: Cravenspeed has added support for a number of new vehicles highlighted below. Be sure to check out their new kits.
Cravenspeed now makes Platypus kits for the following vehicles:
- Audi A3, A4, A5, S4, S5, A6, S6, A7, S7, TT
- BMW 1 Series, 2 Series, 3 Series (including M3), 4 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, 8 Series, X and Z models
- Cadillac SRX
- Dodge Dart
- Mini Cooper, Mini Countryman/Paceman
- Fiat Abarth, Turbo, 500C,500I, 500X, 500E, Pop, Sport, Lounge
- Honda Fit, CRZ, S2000 (Requires stock tow bolt)
- Hyundai Veloster, Elantra (2011+), Genesis
- Infiniti G35, G37, JX-35, QX-60
- Jaguar F-Type
- Kia Soul
- Lexus CT, IS (Including F-Sport), GS, LS (Including F-Sport), RC (Including F-Sport), RX
- Lotus Exige, Elise, Evora
- Mazda 3, 6, RX-8, MX5 (Miata)
- Mercedes-Benz A, B, C, CL, CLK, CS, E, GLK, M (ML), S, SL, SLK, SLS
- Mini Cooper, Cooper S, JCW, Coupe, Clubman, Paceman, Countryman, Roadster
- Nissan Juke
- Porsche 911, Boxster, Cayman, Macan, Panamera
- Scion FR-S, iQ, tC, xB
- Subaru Impreza (WRX and STi), BRZ, Legacy, Outback, Forester
- Tesla S
- Toyota Highlander, Prius
- Volkswagen Jetta, Golf, Beetle, Cabrio, Eos, GTI, Phaeton, Rabbit, Tiguan, Toureg
- Volvo C30, S60, XC60
If you don’t see your vehicle, be sure and call them to see if they have a solution for you.
Platypus No Drill License Mounting Kit Chart
Each Godspeed kit has multiple possible mounting locations and require no drilling. Eight mounting holes insure that the plate will not block intake vents or lights. Bracket has an angle adjustment to follow the curve of the bumper. All Godspeed License Plate Mounting kits are made from high-quality aluminum and take less than 10 minutes to install.
Kits are designed to fit the following specific vehicles:
- BMW 3 Series (2006-2011), Z, M3, E90, E92, E93 (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012), 1 Series, 1M
- Mercedes C Class (2008-2013), Coupe, C63
- Lexus Is250, 350 ISF
- 2009 Nissan GTR, 370Z
Godspeed License Plate Mounts Chart
Grimmspeed claims to have the most adjustability on the market from their OEM tow hook mount kits that require no cutting or drilling. They also claim ultimate durability from their indestructable black zinc-coated 12L14 mounting shaft and stainless steel allen key hardware. Grimmspeed designs their kits so they do not block flow to your FMIC and can be adjusted to not block fog lights.
Grimmspeed License Plate Relocation Kits are made for these specific vehicles:
- Subaru WRX/STi (2008+), LGT (2005-2009)
- Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T/V6
Grimmspeed License Plate Relocation Kit Chart
Be sure and take a look at our article about License Plate Bracket Front: New No Drill Options 2013.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
I would love to get your opinion of this article or hear your license plate bracket story. Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
I hope this article has given you some valuable information about the latest no drill license plate bracket kits that will help you comply with the law while minimizing the impact on your car.