You live or park for work in the city or town center of your community and one of your biggest gripes is the constant beating your front bumper takes when people back into your car during parking. It’s not only annoying, it’s unsightly, expensive to repair and it reduces the value of your car. That’s where a flexyframe auto license plate frame comes in.
What’s a flexyframe? It’s a front license plate holder or front license plate bracket that is made from heavy-duty, flexible foam material that protects your front bumper from just the kind of damage you might experience when somebody backs into your car while parking. Flexyframe is a brand of bumper guards and arguably the most famous, but there are other brands available that can also protect your front bumper.
Obviously a flexible foam bumper protector isn’t made for a real accident or even a fender-bender, but for those minor scratches and dents due to street parking, it’s just the thing.
What about the looks? Fortunately these foam bumper protectors don’t look bad at all and might even be considered stylish. When you think of the damage that it could prevent and the money it could save you, it’s hard to even be worried about what they look like. New low-profiles designs and durable, good looking materials help these protectors to actually complement your car rather than attracting attention.
The thicker the front bumper guard, the better the protection, so we were interested in looking at different models that offer you the best protection possible and are a good value, too. We found three car bumper protector brands including flexyframe that offer extra-thick, very durable, bumper guard license plate frames worthy of your consideration. Read on to see if one of these flexible foam, heavy-duty, bumper guards will solve your parking problems.
Flexyframe, BumpTek, and BumpShox Front Bumper Protectors
The three we chose to look at and that make up the majority of the market are the flexyframe, BumpTek, and BumpShox brands. All offer a heavy-duty version, are made from high-quality materials, and come in at a price that won’t have you thinking a second thought about buying one. They are all so close in form and functionality that we were not able to determine a clear winner. So we’ve listed all three of their most heavy-duty models so that you can make a choice for yourself.
BumpTek Extreme Edition
If you’re seeking the most protection from a tough front bumper guard, then the BumpTek Extreme Edition might just be the one for you. With over 2 lbs. of soft, durable, flexible rubber the BumpTek Extreme won’t crack or rust like many license plate frames and brackets that provide no protection at all. The BumpTek Extreme can only be called extra thick and that’s good for any minor impacts your car is made to endure. Take a look at all of its great features.
- BumpTek’s biggest, thickest, and toughest front bumper guard
- Over 2 lbs. of specially formulated, solid, flexible rubber flexes on impact to cushion minor blows and then returns to its original shape
- Sharp angles and tapered edges create a stealthy low profile look
- Rubber material is designed to withstand hot and cold climates remaining flexible even in freezing temperatures
- Won’t crack or rust like traditional metal or plastic license plate frames, holders, and brackets
- BumpTek bumper guards feature a unique Kangaroo pouch system that encases you license plate in rubber
- Recessed mounting screws prevent frame from damaging other vehicles
- Easy installation just like a standard frame
Easily the most popular license plate frame bumper guard brand, flexyframes are made from quality materials and are easy to install. Flexyframes feature clean lines and built-in patented rubber mounting bolt guards, flexyframe has you covered from minor parking lot or street impacts. The flexyframe HD is their thickest, widest, and toughest model. Here are its main features.
- Extra thick and wide flexible rubber frame provides extra protection
- Combines the convenience of a license plate frame, bracket, or holder with the protection of a bumper guard
FlexyFrame Installation Video
BumpShox claims amazing resilience and compression rate in its BumpShox XL model capable of absorbing minor impact energy and then flexing back to its original shape. BumpShox is flexible enough to mold around any shape bumper for a great fit. The XL won’t crack or bend like cheap plastic and metal license plate frames, holders, and brackets. Check out all of its features.
- Street tested for parking use
- Made from a revolutionary, super strong and flexible foam material, the BumpShox XL keeps on flexing bump after bump
- Won’t crack or bend like traditional license plate frames, holders, and brackets made from cheap metal or plastic
- BumpShox’ biggest, thickest, and tallest front bumper guard is 2.25 inches thick at its widest point
- Designed using an angled architecture, the BumpShox XL actually complements angled front bumpers on any vehicle style
- The BumpShox XL boasts a top FlexFin that extends 1.75 inches along the top of the BumpShox to provide extra protection from taller vehicles and SUVs.
- Mounting screws are recessed into the foam to prevent damage to other vehicles while parking
- The BumpShox XL is designed to be chemical and UV-resistant, can endure rain, sleet, or hot sun, and even stays flexible in freezing temperature
BumpShox Features Video
Flexyframe Type Bumper Guards Comparison Chart
|Title||flexyframe HD - Heavy Duty Front Bumper Guard, Front Bumper Protection, Lice||BumpTek (Extreme Edition) - The Thickest, Toughest, All Rubber Front Bumper Guard, Front Bumper Protection, License Plate Frame. Flexible Rubber Cushions Parking Bumps!||BumpShox XL - Front Car Bumper Protection, Ultimate Front Bumper Guard. Front Bumper Protection License Plate Frame. Tougher Than Steel !|
|Feature||TWO-IN-ONE! Flexyframe HD functions as a license plate holder and a front bumper guard. The sleek all black design does not attract unnecessary attention to your vehicle.|
BUILT-IN SCREW CAPS! Designed to protect your license plate mounting screws from causing major damage to other vehicles! Also covers them so they are not visible!
BOTTOM PLUGS! For license plates that mount from the top two screws, this secures the lower half of the flexyframe into the license plate insuring it stays put!
ALL RUBBER CONSTRUCTION! Contains no metal parts so there nothing to rust, will not crack like plastic or wear like foam! Its also car wash safe!
UNIVERSAL FIT! Can mount directly to your vehicles front bumper or on top of your factory mount bracket. It's 13" WIDE x 7" HEIGHT x 1 1/4" THICK.
|Patent Pending "Kangaroo Pouch" Design - Slide Your License Plate Into The Rubber Slot For The Ultimate Protection.|
Extra Thick Flexible Rubber Material Helps Cushion Common Parking Bumps
All Weather Rubber WithStands Extreme Cold And Hot Climates
License Plate Holder and Bumper Guard IN ONE
Sleek Design Will Complement Any Vehicle
|14" EXTRA WIDE x 8.5" HEIGHT X 2.25" THICK - BumperShox Front Car Bumper Guard Was Designed To Be Taller and Wider Than a Standard License Plate Frame.|
V-TECH ALL WEATHER FOAM - TOUGHER THAN STEEL *** Will NOT Crack or Rust Like Metal or Plastic License Plate Frames
RECESSED SCREW DESIGN - No Protruding Metal Parts That Can Damage Another Vehicle's Bumper
PYRAMID DESIGN ARCHITECTURE - Steep Angles Gives the Bumper Guard A Stealthy Appearance, Increases Product Flexibility and Maximizes Shock Absorption
FLEX FIN EXTENDER - Helps Guard the Front Bumper From Dents and Scratches That Can Occur When a Taller Vehicles Backs Into Your Front Bumper
|Height||7 inch||7 inch||7 inch|
|Width||1.25 inch||1.25 inch||1.25 inch|
|Length||13 inch||13 inch||13 inch|
|Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews|
|Link||More Info||More Info||More Info|
Product prices and availability are accurate as of Aug 11 17:33:57 UTC but are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on the merchant site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of these license plate frame bumper guards? Which bumper guard are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our license plate bracket post! We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that assists you in buying the flexyframe type bumper protector that is best for your needs!