Dashboard cams have become wildly popular over the past year or so thanks to improvements in the technology and the realization that dash cameras make great protection against insurance fraud in the event of an accident. Dashboard cams first became popular overseas, particularly in Russia, where insurance fraud was rampant and they were seen as an absolute necessity.
In the U.S., it seems road rage is increasing at an alarming rate, and if the other driver goes too far, short of an accident, there is no way to alert authorities to the problem. A dash cam video can be used to alert authorities to the other driver’s actions during a road rage incident possibly saving other peoples’ lives.
Looking for more dash cam choices? Be sure and see our most popular articles before you buy!
- Dashboard Camera for Cars: New VANTRUE OnDash R1 Pro Dash Cam
- Dash Cam: New Gen Air Gesture Car HD DVR GPS Nav Mirror
- Car Camera Recorder: Best Rated Car Dash Cam
- Car Cameras: Top 12 New Black Box Dash Cams
- Car Camera: Best Black Box Traffic Accident Camera
- Dashcam: Hottest Dashcam Captures It All
- Dash Cameras: Top 7 In-Car Dashboard Cameras-Dash Cams
It’s uncertain how long it will take U.S. drivers to realize how important these dashboard cams are for their protection, but there is no doubt that they have rapidly become one of the most popular automotive accessories next to backup cameras.
What should you look for when purchasing a dash camera?
- Records full HD 1080p video at 30fps for better quality video
- Photo capability
- HDMI output
- Wide 170 degree plus field of view
- SD card included (difficult to find this option yet)
- High-quality mounting system
- Loop recording capability
- Built-in GPS
- G-Sensor to detect an event
- Motion sensor
- Parking security
Popular products are oftentimes popular because buyers have researched them and found them to be good products and a good value.
We’ve done the research on forums, customer review sites, product review sites, retail sites, and manufacturers’ sites and found one of the most popular dash cams available.
Take a look and see if this capable dashboard camera is the best dash cam for your needs!
The Falcon Zero F170HD+ GPS DashCam is not only one of the most popular car camera models available, it is also a very capable device that should satisfy the needs of just about any vehicle owner. A dashboard camera like this could mean the difference between finding yourself in an incident with no witnesses where it’s your word against the other driver and they are lying about the facts. Even worse, they may have other passengers with them willing to lie for the driver and with you being alone, you may find yourself in a lot of trouble even though it wasn’t your fault. This car dash camera is perfect for any situation thanks to a lot of great features that punch all the buttons on our recommendation list. Here’s what you need to know about these car cameras.
- TrueHD Full HD 1920 x 1080p resolution provides high-quality images and photos of incidents and even license plates
- Super-wide f/2.0, 170-degree field of view multi-layer 6-glass lens with night vision
- WDR-enhanced image quality for more realistic and natural images
- Night Mode enhances dark areas to help record more obscure details difficult to see under low lights conditions like at night
- Included GPS unit and free downloadable GPS software connects to the F170HD+, records your coordinates, and allows you to review your speed and location using Google Maps from within the software
- Built-in G-Sensor detects any sudden jolt or vibration such as a collision and will auto lock that clip so it’s not overwritten by loop recording
- Suction cup mount
- Automatic recording as soon as the car starts to move and automatically shuts down when the vehicle is turned off
- High-quality Class 10 UHS1 32 GB SD card included with support for 64 GB
- Adjustable loop recording can be set for 3, 5, or 10 minutes clips (loops) or the system can be set for continuous recording
- Motion sensor can be set to detect motion only and will turn on the camera when it senses movement up to 30 feet away and then stop recording when the movement has stopped
- Even with your vehicle off, motion detection while parked gives you parking security by detecting vibration or impact and turning the camera on automatically, lock recording for 10 seconds, and then power down
- HDMI 1.3 output allows you to display the F170HD+ video directly on any HDMI-capable TV
- Photo mode captures HD-quality photos
- Long 5-year limited, hassle-free warranty and lifetime support in USA
- 1 – 10-foot Power cord for 12V power port
- 1 – GPS unit
- 1 – USB cord
- 1 – Dual USB car charger
- 1 – 32 GB Class 10 SD card
- 1 – Suction cup mount
- High quality construction and materials
- Great night vision
- Picture is very clear and sharp
- Sound quality is very good
- None noted
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this very popular dashcam? Which dashboard camera system are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our LicensePlateBracketCentral.com post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose one of the best dashboard cams for your needs!