A vehicle camera or dash cam can do more than just capture videos of your travels. The right vehicle camera will provide evidence that could protect you from unscrupulous drivers in the event of an incident, can capture once-in-a-lifetime events you encounter while driving, and protect you against hit and run drivers or thieves in parking lots.
Dash cams have improved from standard HD to Full HD and now are available in Super HD 1296p resolution that improves your chance of capturing licenses plates in the event of an incident. With improved vehicle camera capability comes a higher price.
We wanted to find a reasonably priced Super HD dashcam that would give us the performance we’re looking for without breaking the bank.
Interested in learning about other popular dash cams? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
What were we looking for in a vehicle camera?
Super HD cameras feature 1296p resolution that is a 50% improvement over Full HD 1080p resolution and can give you the edge when trying to capture license plates or enhanced detail at night.
Wide Angle Lens
A wide-angle lens of 140 degrees or more lets you capture both sides of the road in addition to just straight ahead. In an incident, problems are as likely to come at you from other lanes as they are from your lane and a wide-angle camera lens lets you capture those moments.
High Quality Optics
A six-layer glass lens with a larger aperture will allow you to get the best detail close to your vehicle. It will make the picture brighter and improve vision at night.
You don’t want to have to push a button in the event of an accident to lock the camera’s video. This should happen automatically using some type of collision detection technology. Most cameras use loop recording which allows them to overwrite exiting video to keep recording without filling up your SD card. That means that in the case of an incident you need the vehicle camera to lock video so that it can’t be overwritten by loop recording. That function should happen automatically when a collision is detected.
We searched camera forums, automotive forums, manufacturer sites, consumer sites, social media, retail site, and customer review sites to find the most popular and highly rated budget 1296p dash camera.
Take a look at our choice and see if this Super HD car camera is the best dash cam for your needs!
Vehicle Camera: Top Rated Budget Super HD Dash Cam Sees All
With Super HD resolution, a 6-layer glass lens large aperture and wide angle lens, the SANSCO 2K Extreme HD 1296P Car Dash Cam delivers vivid, crisp, and clear wide angle images day or night. It provides an ultra-wide angle view of the road in front of you and can capture fine details including license plates that could be important in an incident. Designed to start automatically when you start your vehicle, this vehicle camera is on patrol whenever you’re driving to capture accident details that may protect you from other drivers’ spurious insurance claims. It uses a combination of a 4MP image sensor and double-exposure merging technology to deliver perfect luminous balance and incredibly high image quality. Emergency Collision Detection uses its integrated G-Sensor to detect hard braking or a collision to trigger recording and lock video to prevent loss. This budget vehicle camera from Sansco has the features and price to make it an excellent value.
Vehicle Camera: Features
- Super HD, 2K Full HD, 2304 x [email protected] vehicle camera with 4 MP Ambarella A7 sensor, 6-layer glass lens, large F/2.0 aperture, and ultra-wide 150-degree field of view
- Large 2.4-inch LCD display allows you to watch live playback right in your vehicle if desired without a computer or external screen
- An ultra-wide 150-degree field of view displays images clearly left, right, and center
- Its F/2.0 aperture maximizes sharpness across the image and delivers brighter video footage in a variety of lighting conditions
- Built-in double-exposure merging technology merges 60 FPS into 30 FPS video and leverages the brightness of long exposure with the brightness of short exposure to create a perfect balance between brightness and detail
- 3D Noise Reduction (3D-DNR) Technology analyzes individual frames and the differences between successive frames and corrects pixels that likely represent noise automatically
- Its high ISO values means better performance in low light conditions
- Loop recording overwrites existing, unlocked footage to provide unlimited recording time
- Smart Collision Detection uses its built-in, adjustable sensitivity, 3-Axis G-Shock Sensor to detect hard braking or a collision and automatically trigger emergency recording and lock it to prevent overwriting by loop recording
- Auto Ignition function starts the camera automatically when you start your vehicle without the need to manually push a button and then shuts off automatically when you turn off the car
- 2-Year limited extended warranty
Note: Recommended 32GB SD card not included.
- 1 – 12VDC power port cable
See SANSCO 2K Extreme HD 1296P Car Dash Cam Customer Reviews >>>
- Clear, crisp video display
- Easy setup
- Simple operation
- Durable, quality construction
- No speed recording
- SD card not included
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this budget 2K dashboard camera? Which dash cam are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
Dashboard cameras add an important safety feature to your vehicle allowing you to protect yourself from false accident claims. We sincerely hope that this article provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best vehicle camera for your needs!